The Matteson Public Library makes every reasonable effort to comply with the American Disabilities Act (ADA) through facility management, the collection, and patron services.
The administration makes every effort to ensure that patrons can access the library by:
- Properly identifying handicapped parking spaces in the parking lot.
- Having automatic doors at the entrance.
- Both floors of the library are wheelchair accessible via an elevator.
- All public restrooms are handicapped accessible.
The management team of the library has ensured that patrons will have access to a variety of formats that will support use of the library by:
- Having available materials in large print and in audio formats
- Having access to the Illinois State Library’s Talking Book Program which allows patrons to receive equipment and materials sent to their home.
- Assisted Listening Devices that can be used in the building from the Front Desk.
The administration has ensured that patrons with disabilities receive outstanding service by:
- Offering a free homebound delivery service to both private residences and to people in nursing homes or assisted living centers.
- If a deaf patron is in the building and needs to call out, please ask the staff at the Front Desk for assistance.
- Providing access to an electronic magnifier.
- Patrons who require a special accommodation for a disability to participate in or attend a program are asked to notify the library 48 hours in advance of any event at 708-748-4431.