Parking Lot: the parking lot entrance is on 207th street
and the exit is on School Avenue.
Your Library is Expanding This Year!
By the end of 2014, your Matteson Public Library should have available:
- Two additional meeting rooms
- Two study rooms
- A conference room
- A teen area where they can hang out with their fiction collection
- A space for early learning for young children and their caregivers
- A faster, convenient setup for checking items out and returning them
- Improved accessibility to the building
- A customer service desk with staff trained to help users navigate the library and easily access our many resources and services
- Easier access to non-print items
- Increased parking spaces
Overall Construction Duration: March, 2014 – December, 2014
How construction will affect parking
- From April through November the parking area south of the exit will be closed off for construction.
- In April, 20 new parking stalls will be added on the north side of the building.
How construction will affect where you enter and exit the library
- From April through November patrons will enter/exit at the northwest corner of the building in the youth services area.
How construction will affect emergency exits during construction
- The emergency exit in Adult Services will remain open at all times. The emergency exit in the youth services area will be closed temporarily during the ramp construction in late March/early April and a temporary exit will be provided.
March – April
- Build a new ADA accessible ramp at Northwest corner and replace sidewalks
- The main entrance will be temporarily relocated to this door while the building addition work is completed.
April – November
- Create additional parking spots on the north side of the building.
- Build the new addition where the current main entrance and courtyard reside.
- The addition will include two new restrooms and meeting rooms in the basement, first floor conference room, first floor offices and study room along with a new entrance/lobby area.
- New landscaping and sidewalks will be added around the new addition.
October – December
- The main entrance will be reopened and interior renovations will begin.
- The current technical services area will be reconfigured
- New workrooms will be built for both the youth and adult services areas.
- An additional study room will be created
- Carpet replacement and painting in various areas of the library.
What to look forward to
More space in the library
Refreshed areas of the library