Current Job Postings
You can come into the library to pick up a job application from the Customer Service Desk, or you can download and print a copy here.
Bring your completed handwritten application to the library.
Reports To: Customer Service Manager
Classification: Non-Exempt, Part-Time
Assists in the Library’s daily efforts to maintain an atmosphere conductive to reading, quiet study and other purposes deemed appropriate by Library policy. Monitors patron activity in all areas of the library, inside and out. Confers with Library personnel at regular intervals regarding the behavior of Library patrons. Responds to specific requests from Library departments for assistance with behavior problems, security problems, and unattended children. Calls police when appropriate. Performs other tasks as assigned.
NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to communicate tactfully, firmly and effectively with the public, especially in troublesome situations.
• Ability to speak, read, and write English fluently.
• Good listening and strong observational skills.
• Ability to work well independently.
• Ability to remain calm but purposeful in stressful situations.
• Ability to work successfully with many different personality types.
• Demonstrates sensitivity to public relations issues.
• Ability to project a firm and competent image to the public.
• Friendly, welcoming, and customer service oriented.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR APPOINTMENT:
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Must have a valid Blue Card.
• Part-time, up to 18 hours per week.
• Willingness to work evenings and weekends.
• Attentive to details and is able to assess troublesome situations.
• Understands and accurately follows Security and Library policies and procedures.
• Process improvement.
*Core Competencies must be understood and met within the 90 day Probation Period.
Send a cover letter and resume by e-mail to:
Customer Service Manager