Part Time; 15-18 hours per week – Most hours will be during the day, but the position does, from time to time, require evenings and week-end hours as well.
The Matteson Public Library is looking for a creative, enthusiastic and reliable person with marketing and graphic design skills to join our marketing effort.
As the Marketing Assistant, you will be responsible for designing and producing print media and materials, creating library signage, creating library displays, editing of the library newsletter, photographing library events, provide website graphics, maintaining and updating our Facebook and Pinterest, creating and sending email blast through Constant Contact and creating video clips.
Minimum qualifications (you must have the following to be considered for this position):
- A minimum of an Associate’s degree in graphic arts/or marketing
- Flexible work hours – may require occasional evening and week-end time.
Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work with staff of all ages in a friendly, approachable, and tactful manner
- Demonstrated ability to design and create marketing materials
- Knowledge of, and ability to use a variety of software applications related to marketing and graphics
- Ability to work with attention to detail to meet deadlines
- Ability to set priorities, make independent decisions, and exercise discretion
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
Please email your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com