Where you can use your card:
Because your library is a member of the Reaching Across Illinois Libraries System ( RAILS) your new library card will be honored:
- at your home library
- at any of the public libraries in RAILS
- at designated academic libraries in RAILS
- at public libraries in several other library systems in Illinois, including Chicago Public Library.
You are responsible for all materials borrowed on your card.
- Do not lend your card to friends and relatives
- Report any lost or damaged materials promptly.
- Lost or Stolen Cards: Notify the library immediately if your card is lost or stolen; a lost or damaged card can be replaced.
To Replace a library card:
- Present two forms of identification with your name and current address to the Checkout Desk.
- Pay $1.00 replacement fee for the first lost card.
If you move, be sure to notify the library of your new address.