Printable: Youth Summer Reading Information 2013
Printable: Youth Summer Reading Log 2013
Printable: Youth Summer Reading Activities & Classes
- Open to kids from Birth to entering 12th Grade. It’s FREE!
- Sign Up for Summer Reading online starting May 1st OR pick up reading logs in person at the library starting June 1st:
- Click here to sign up your pre-reader or beginning reader. (Pre and beginning readers read – or have read to them – 5 picture books a week for a prize.)
- Click here to sign up your independent (chapter book) reader. (Independent readers read 1 chapter book at their grade level a week for a prize.)
- Daycare and school groups must sign up in person.
- Only Matteson residents will be allowed to register beginning July 1st.
- Turn in reading logs – 1 per calendar week – for prizes from Mon. 6/10 to Wed. 7/31.
- Beginning and Pre Readers: Read (or have read to them) at least 5 picture books a week to win a prize.
- Independent Readers: Read at least 1 chapter book a week to win a prize.
- All books must be checked out through the Matteson Public Library.
- Turn in 4 weeks of reading logs during the club and get a free book!
- Matteson residents who turn in 4 weeks of reading logs will also be invited to a pool party.
How to Sign Up for Youth Summer Reading Activities & Classes
- Printable: Youth Summer Reading Activities & Classes
- Register in person, by phone at (708) 748-4431, or using our online program calendar. (You might need to switch to June & July for summer activities. Summer activities will be on the calendar by May 31st at the latest.)
- No fee to sign up or attend activities & classes.
- You must be a participating reading club member to attend activities in June & July.
- All activities require registration unless stated otherwise.
- Registration occurs weekly, and usually begins on the Monday of the week before the program occurs.
- Registration must be done by the participant or their parent/guardian.
- Activities & classes that require registration are not open to daycare and school groups.